The Public Procurement Law Association cordially invites students of law and administration faculties to participate in the third edition of the Moot Court tournament: 'Legal representation before the National Appeals Chamber'.
The organiser of the competition is the Public Procurement Law Association, and the partner is the Public Procurement Law Section of the District Bar Council in Warsaw.
The President of the Public Procurement Office assumes honorary patronage over the third edition of the tournament. This year's edition of the tournament has a special character as the final will be held in the month in which the National Appeal Chamber celebrates its 15th anniversary.
The tournament consists of a simulation of proceedings before the NAC based on case studies involving issues concerning the conduct of public procurement proceedings under Public Procurement Law provisions.
We anticipate a cash prize of PLN 6,000 for the first place team, funded jointly by the Public Procurement Law Association and the Warsaw Bar Association.
The prize of an unpaid internship for the members of the winning team was offered by the Public Procurement Office. In addition, 2/3-month paid internships for the participants of the teams, the finalists of the tournament, were offered by law firms:
- Andersen Tax & Legal Srokosz i Wspólnicy sp.k.
- Bird & Bird Szepietowski i wspólnicy sp.k.
- BSJP Brockhuis Jurczak Prusak Sroka Nilsson sp.k.
- Clifford Chance, Janicka, Krużewski, Namiotkiewicz i wspólnicy sp.k.
- Dentons Europe Dąbrowski i Wspólnicy sp. k.
- Domański Zakrzewski Palinka sp. k.
- JDP Drapała & Partners sp.j.
- Jerzykowski i Wspólnicy sp. k.
- Kancelaria Prawna Schampera, Dubis, Zając i Wspólnicy sp.k.
- Sołtysiński Kawecki & Szlęzak Kancelaria Radców Prawnych i Adwokatów Spółka Jawna
- Wardyński i Wspólnicy sp.k.
- WKB Wierciński, Kwiecinski, Baehr sp. k.
- By 25 October 2022 - Completion of qualification at universities and the submission of teams (including the composition of teams and the submission of RODO statements).
- 26 October 2022 - Publication of case-studies; information on the procedural roles assigned to each team.
- 28 October 2022 - Teams can submit questions on the content of the case-studies; the organiser publishes the answers without undue delay.
- By 7 November 2022, 5:00 p.m. - Submission of appeals by teams acting as appellants to the organiser [on the same day, the organiser will forward the appeals to the contracting authority].
- By 17 November 2022, 5:00 p.m. - Sending responses to the appeals by the ordering parties to the organiser [on the same day, the organiser communicates the aforementioned responses to the appellant].
- 24 November 2022 - The organiser informs the participants which two teams have qualified for the oral stage, i.e. to participate in the simulated hearing before the NAC (1 appellant and 1 contracting authority are invited).
- 2 December 2022 – Hearing and oral stages.