Public Procurement Law Association warmly invites to open access webinar on "Green Transition in Public Procurement", which will be held on March 30, 2021 at 11:00 CET.
The meeting will be held in English.
- 11.00 Welcome on behalf of the Public Procurement Law Association
- 11.10 - 11.25 EU provisions and case law on GPP – Associate professor, Dr Marta Andhov, University of Copenhagen
- 11.25 - 11.40 What's on the horizon? The Future of Green Public Procurement requirements in the EU – Assistant professor, Dr Willem Janssen, Utrecht University
- 11.40 - 11.55 Interpretation of the link to the subject matter of the contract in practice – Dr Abby Semple, Public Procurement Analysis / Greenville Procurement Partners
- 11.55 – 12.10 What is the Status Quo of GPP in Poland? Professor Michal Kania, Silesian University
- 12.10-12.30 Discussion What's on the horizon? The Future of Green Public Procurement requirements in the EU – Assistant professor, Dr Willem Janssen, Utrecht University Public Procurement Analysis / Greenville Procurement Partners
- Dr Marta Andhov - an associate professor in public procurement law at the University of Copenhagen Faculty of Law. Her main research interests focus on sustainability and governmental contracts. She is a co-host of the Bestek Public Procurement Podcast, a steering committee member of the Horizon 2020 project the Sustainability and Procurement in International, European, and National Systems (SAPIENS). In the past, Marta has provided her insight and expertise to key research projects for the European Commission, Danish Institute for Human Rights and multiple organisations and national procurement agencies. She is a well established and respected authority in sustainable public procurement with a vast publication list in leading journals and publishing houses. Her 2019 co-edited book, Cost and EU Public Procurement Law – Life-Cycle Costing for Sustainability, contributes to developing life-cycle criteria tools and public procurement methodologies in the EU. It includes both sector-crossing contributions, analysing the most relevant theoretical and legal aspects such as EU law and contract theory, and sector-specific contributions to some of the most important sustainable goods and services markets.
- Dr Willem A. Janssen - an Assistant Professor in European and Dutch Public Procurement Law at the law department of Utrecht University, and a researcher at the Centre for Public Procurement and RENFORCE. In addition to his monologue ‘EU Public Procurement Law & Self-organisation’, he has published extensively in international and Dutch academic journals on pressing issues related to cooperation, sustainability, and societal value in the context of Dutch and EU public procurement law. Having been a visiting fellow at George Washington University, he is currently a visiting fellow at Copenhagen University in 2020-2021 and guest lectures at various universities and public institutions. He co-hosts Bestek – the Public Procurement Podcast, actively contributes to the public debate through various blogs and columns and aims to improve public procurement law and practice through his academic work.
- Abby Semple, LL.B., Ph.D. - a consultant advising public bodies on strategic and legal aspects of procurement. Her main focus is on the environmental and social impact of public contracts and how these can be meaningfully addressed through the contracting process. Through her consultancy Public Procurement Analysis, Abby has managed complex tenders on behalf of public sector clients in Ireland and the UK, and developed policy and guidance at the EU level and in Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Spain, Switzerland, Ukraine and the United States. Her writing and speaking engages with academic and practitioner audiences, including over 80 presentations and training sessions throughout Europe and the world. Abby is the author of one of the first books on the 2014 EU Procurement Directives A Practical Guide to Public Procurement, published by Oxford University Press in 2015. Her academic writing on topics including living wages and citizen participation in public contracts can be accessed on SSRN.
- Prof. Michał Kania - professor at the University of Silesia in Poland, an attorney-at-law with 15 years of practical experience in PPP, public procurement and concession contracts, a member of the Just Transition Research Group at the University of Silesia. An active member of the Public Procurement Association in Poland, a Visiting Fulbright Scholar at George Washington University (2018-2019), a Fellow of the German Academic Exchange Service at the Ludwig Maximilian University in Munich (2017), the author of more than 100 publications regarding PPP, public procurement law, administrative law and administrative procedure, a speaker at Polish and international conferences, a founder and lecturer at the Postgraduate Studies in Public-Private Partnership and Public Procurement at the University of Silesia, a founder and the first president of the PPP Academic Support Foundation, a founder of the programme ‘’PPP – Good Choice’’ (active in the years 2009 – 2014), a former president of the PPP Commission by the Conference of Rectors of Academic Schools in Poland, an independent adviser for the Polish Ministry of Development for the concept of the new Polish Public Procurement Act adopted on 11 September 2019, plenipotentiary of the President of the University of Silesia for PPP projects, MBA, with the final thesis entitled “Economic and financial analyses in public – private partnership projects.”
Date: March 30, 2021 | 11:00 – 12:30 CET
Link to the Zoom Webinar (registration is not required).
The meeting will be held in English on the Zoom platform. Participation in the conference is free of charge.